BCIU has provided commercial training courses for U.S. Foreign Service and U.S. Commercial Service personnel since the early 1990s, preparing U.S. diplomats-in-training to support an American embassy's role in promoting U.S. business interests in overseas markets. BCIU works with the private sector to create specialized commercial diplomacy training programs for U.S. diplomats-in-training. These courses feature presentations by company executives on topics such as commercial advocacy, intellectual property rights protection, market access issues, bribery and corruption, sanctions, export licensing, financing and investment policy.
- Near East – Innovative Infrastructure Technologies Industry Training Tour
- TPCC Interagency Trade Officer Training
- Commercial Tradecraft Training for Foreign Service Officers
- Political-Economic Tradecraft Course
- Foreign Service Financial Industry Training
- Joint BCIU-State Department Business Practicum for Foreign Service Officers