BCIU PEPFAR 15th Anniversary Reception
Date & time
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
New York , NY
Spencer Cresswell at +1-646-250-7012 or email@example.com
This reception, co-hosted by BCIU and Ambassador Deborah Birx - U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator, will bring together key partners on the margins of the United Nations General Assembly to recognize PEPFAR’s 15th anniversary and honor many leaders that have partnered with PEPFAR on the global HIV/AIDS response. We will convene heads of state, health ministers, the U.S. government, congressional representatives, non-governmental organizations, foundations, multi-lateral partners, and the private sector — to further strengthen partnerships and continue the collective great progress towards epidemic control of HIV/AIDS.
2018 marks PEPFAR’s 15-year anniversary - 15 Years of Saving Lives through American Generosity and Partnerships. Since its inception in 2003, PEPFAR has partnered with over 50 countries and across multiple sectors to provide lifesaving treatment to over 14 million people globally, supported over 6.4 million orphans and vulnerable children, and enabled more than 2.2 million babies to be born HIV free.
Confirmed honored guests (to date):
• Her Excellency Nazira Karimo Vali Abdula, MD, Minster of Health of Mozambique
• His Excellency Professor Isaac Adewole, Minister of Health of Nigeria
• Ambassador Deborah Birx, U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator, U.S. Department of State
• Her Excellency Monica Geingob, First Lady of Namibia
• Her Excellency Sandra Granger, First Lady of Guyana
• The Honorable Alfred Madigele, MD, Minister of Health and Wellness of Botswana
For more information, please contact Spencer Cresswell at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-646-250-7012.